Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Clipboard Ladies

Sometimes our life makes me laugh.  Today was one of those days.  It didn't start off in laughter, but it ended in it.  Today Ashlyn was evaluated for a new year of therapy services.  First, let me say, that I am so, so thankful for the therapy she receives and we LOVE our therapists that she sees each week.  Sometimes, though, there are parts of the process that aren't as fun.  Today a team of people, that by lunch time we were referring to as "the clipboard ladies", came to evaluate Ashlyn to see what therapies she will need for the next year.  We were already told that because of her diagnosis of Down Syndrome, she is automatically eligible for services.  So, it was really just a formality of paperwork...not my favorite.

I had been dreading this in the days leading up to it.  It still feels weird to have people come into our home and just watch Ashlyn.  Plus, we don't know them and they don't know Ashlyn.  So, today, it got off to a rough start when they showed up twenty minutes late.  Then, came out the clipboards.  They watch Ashlyn, try to get her to do things, ask us all sorts of questions that stressed me out and then wrote things on their clipboards.  Ashlyn wasn't really feeling it...pretty fussy and I think seriously wondering who these people were.  I wasn't really feeling it either....feeling the need to give lengthy answers to each question asked, when I am pretty sure all the clipboard ladies wanted was a simple yes or no to mark down on their standardized sheet that I am sure would be promptly placed in a filing cabinet somewhere.  I wanted to take a picture of the three ladies all with their clipboards, writing who knows what, while Ashlyn is in the middle of all this like an animal being observed at the zoo. It was all so impersonal and I don't do well with that.  I took all of their questions way too personally....like they were implying that Ashlyn wasn't doing well.  The mama bear was coming out a little bit.  And, really, the clipboard ladies were just doing their job....I will be calmer next time (I can't really promise that, but I will certainly try.)

So, as soon as the clipboard ladies left, I was crying.  Luckily, Troy was here for the clipboard meeting.  And, my usually very calm husband was also a little bothered by the clipboard ladies.  His main issue was that they were 20 minutes late....he just didn't get it.  I was bothered that the clipboard ladies didn't have warm personalities.  This is so us.  He is ticked that they are late and thinks it is unprofessional and I am dwelling on the fact that if they are going to be late can't they just be kind when they get here?  This is why our life makes me laugh.  So, after a few minutes of us venting to each other about the clipboard meeting, I tell Troy we need to do something fun.  He suggests lunch at Chick Fil A....so that is what we did. Troy and Kyla went to pick us up lunch while Ashlyn finished her nap.  When they got back we all sat down to eat our lunch and Kyla says, "Mommy, I love it when our whole family is together."  Oh, that girl!  Troy and I immediately looked at each other, both of our hearts melting.  I knew we were both thinking the same thing.  We were thinking our three year old has the sweetest heart and that we also love when our whole family is together.  And we love it that we can laugh and move on.  Yeah, clipboard meetings are pretty brutal, but a family who can make it through them together is really awesome.

Enough of that nonsense...here are some recent pictures of two girls who are getting ready for the summer.

Nothing better than a girl, her baby and a stick!

Ashlyn in her new seat...enjoying some lunch.

Ashlyn in all of her cuteness...ready for the summer in her shorts!

One cool three year old...sporting her first pair of shorts of the season.

Kyla loving being outside.

8 comments:

  1. I love that you can laugh and laugh together :) I've had those same feelings through many IEP meetings! We've also had some good ones! During the most recent one, Logan was being praised (not because of his accomplishments...but for his character and hard work) and the director said, "Would someone go get that kid, I've GOT to meet him!" As he shyly came in and met her, I was just a little proud ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts--Shari, you have a beautiful way with words---this is one of your VERY STRONG gifts. You can say with words, what so many others feel, but don't know how to say. As I was reading, I didn't much like the clipboard people either. :)
    If they only knew the person and what a gift they are, maybe their response would be different. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm baby girl looks like cum on your chin wish it was mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute shirt... I would be happy if you pulled those little shorts aside and shew me your pussy, love to eat it for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. my granddaughter is 2.5 I am teaching her to pull her pull ups down and show grampa her little c--t when we are alone in the toolshed, I love sitting her on my lap, put my hand in her pull up and play with her c--t, while I put her hand in my pants and have her rub my hard c--k

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shit on baby girls face looks like nut. Makes me hard af thinking about her wet soft mouth around my fat pedo cock head

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the lil baby likes to suck dick! Face fuck that shit til her throat is full of my cock and puke is gaging out her

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep I would throat fuck her to she would be worried for a bit but after a while she will love it all that cumin her mouth.

    ReplyDelete