Thursday, September 2, 2010

Preschool, here we come!

Is this really happening?  Kyla is starting preschool next week?  I remember 3 1/2 years ago holding this newborn bundle in my arms and preschool seemed like a million years away.....and here it is. Imagine how it will be when it is college?  It is these kinds of moments that make me realize all of the emotions I watched my parents feel over the years with my sister and I.  They are starting to happen to me.  I am glad right now that for Troy and I it is just Tuesday and Thursday mornings....thank goodness it comes in baby steps.

Kyla is getting really excited and I think she is going to love it!  A couple of weeks ago her and I made a special trip for school supplies.  Here we are ready to go with our list:


On the car ride to the store to get the supplies, I was feeling so emotional.  It is the first time I have ever felt sad on my way to Super Target.  The feeling didn't last long....the beauty of Target welcomed us and we had fun finding all of the things on the list we needed.

Got our markers!

My sweet girl about to pick out glue sticks...exciting stuff for a 3 year old!

We brought home all of our things and she excitedly showed them all to Daddy.  For the past couple of weeks we have been talking a lot about it and telling her what a big girl she is and how much fun she is going to have.  Today her preschool teacher had a meet and greet time for the parents and students.  We went to her classroom and talked with her teacher and dropped off all of her school supplies.  Kyla was very quiet through the whole thing but would give sweet, little smiles and I could tell on the inside she thought it was neat. 

Here she is before the "meet and greet" with all of her supplies ready to go in her back pack

Walking down the hall to her room

Here is one of her smiles....seeing where her name is at her own special place where she will sit

I still can't believe she has one of these....I am telling you it feels like yesterday I was writing this name in a baby book.  Yes, I am emotional about it all!

I know when next Tuesday comes and I walk her to that room and say good bye that I will probably cry when I walk away.  But, it will be good tears.  Part sadness because I know this is the first step of her not being at home with me all the time but also happiness for the wonderful girl she is becoming.  The joy of watching her grow, learn and interact.  I was telling my friend this morning who just sent her girl to kindergarten that it is tough being a mama sometimes....so much love and so many emotions.  I wouldn't trade a second of it, though....it is the best job there is.  And, I am so thankful to be the mommy of Kyla Elise....my sweet preschooler.  I am mostly thankful to know that God already has all of Kyla's days ordained and that we can trust He is walking ahead of her.  Right now, for us, that means resting in the fact that she is in God's care as she enters this new phase.  Here we go....preschool!

1 comment:

  1. Our pastor at MPCC tweeted that he could tell preschool had begun this week because of all the crying going on below his office - and (he tweeted) that's just the Moms and Dads!
    I remember taking Stephen to kindergarten and Emilee to preschool at the same time (I was a SAHM for the first 5+ years of Stephen's life). That was traumatic! And then when I left him the first time at college - oh my!
    Each phase brings you a little closer to letting them "go", watching them grow - these little lives that we help shape and point to the Father.
    Will be thinking of you next week...baby steps, Shari!

    ReplyDelete