Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Matching while it is still cool....

For me, one of the things that is the most fun about having two little girls is dressing them! It becomes even more fun when their grandparents buy them outfits that match.  Back at Easter they were given matching dresses and more recently were given another set of matching clothes.  

Even if they don't have exact matching outfits, I like to try to match them in some way.  Now, I realize that at the ages of three and one, this is still acceptable.  However, I also realize that as they get a little older they will not view this as very cute.  I come from a sister family....I know how it all works.  Clothes/fashion can be a very important part of a girls life. But, for now, Kyla thinks it is so much fun!  She gets so excited when she finds out that her and Ashlyn will be matching.   She has already informed me of her desire for them to be matching at Halloween!

This past Sunday I put them in their most recent matching outfits for church.  Of course, I wanted to get pictures of them together in their outfits.  The reality is that getting them together in a picture and both looking  is nearly impossible.  So, I opted for just taking lots of pictures of them in the same room in their outfits and this is what I got:

Probably as "posed" as we are gonna get

 Kyla did pose for me on her own so I could get an entire outfit shot.  She loved this outfit because it has leggings....her favorite!

 Having fun jumping into her chair
 

Big jump!
 

I love this picture...big sis loving on little sis
 
 
Check out this happy girl!

 Kyla making Ashlyn laugh

 You can just feel the joy!
 

I love being the mommy of these two little girls and all of the fun we have......including with clothes!  I know there will be years of it to come.  So, for now, I will enjoy the simple joy of matching outfits.  Way more than that, I am loving watching the strong bond form between these two girls.  No matter how you slice it, there is nothing like the bond of sisters. 

Sisters....matching while it is still cool.

1 comment:

  1. Mine are turning 8 and 14 and are still matching SOME of their outfits. On their own. THe big one is now in JR sizes so getting them to match is nearly impossible, but when they were in the 7-16 category it was fairly easy. The big one was the one that was always doing it! That surprised a lot of people, but I think it's the family closeness we share that helps. :D

    ReplyDelete