Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sidekick

For the past 3 1/2 years I have had a little sidekick beside me all the time.  Her name is Kyla Elise and I couldn't love her more.  From early on, Kyla and I have had a really close bond.  She began talking at an early age, so for awhile now her and I have had a running conversation with each other all day long.  She is hardly ever out of my sight, so it is a new world to be getting things like this in the mail:

Kyla's school supply list for preschool

Yes, it is coming.  Our first little experience with leaving the nest, in just a small way.  At times I feel emotional about it, and the chances are very high that on the first day I will cry, but at the same time I think she will love it.  It will be really good for her and I can already imagine all the discussions we will have about it.

One new thing Kyla is showing a lot of interest in around here is helping me in the kitchen.  She is used to me making supper everyday and lately asks if she can watch me or help me with things.  I love this age because everything through her eyes right now is new and exciting.  Watching me measure out a cup of sugar and pour it into a bowl....doesn't sound that exciting, but to Kyla it is.  I will tell her to help me make sure we fill it up to the number one and I will hear, "Oh, mommy, you did it!  You filled it to number one!". And then when I let her pour it into the bowl the excitement goes up even more.  Everything is special at this age....I love that.   

We have had a lot of zucchini's around here lately, so the other day while Ashlyn was napping I asked her if she wanted to help me bake in the kitchen....chocolate chip zucchini bread.  She was eager to help and we had so much fun.  I see a lot of baking with my girls in our future.  Here is the proof of the fun we had baking together:

Kyla helping me get the zucchini up to the top line


Watching the mixer do its magic


The best part....taking a taste of the batter


Watching while it bakes


Later that afternoon....enjoying the final product during a "picnic snack"

I can't tell you how cool this girl is.  This girl who made me a mama.  I count it one of the greatest blessings of my life that I have gotten to share daily life for the past 3 1/2 years with her. Getting my heart ready for preschool....she is ready and is going to love it!  And, I will be ready to hear all about it every Tuesday and Thursday at 11:30 when she gets home.  I love this sweet sidekick of mine....


And, the best news....I've got another sidekick at home....her name is Ashlyn Ruby and her and I have quite the thing going.  The love is big around here.


So thankful for my two sidekicks....these two little girls I get to share my life and heart with.  To quote Kyla today as Daddy was kissing us all goodbye after coming home for lunch, "There is love in this house, isn't there, mama?"  Oh yes, there is....lots of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment