Saturday, August 7, 2010

Family Gathering

This past weekend we were able to spend some time with some of the people I love most in the world.  We met up in Columbus, Ohio with my mom's side of the family.  Ever since childhood, we made yearly visits to Ohio where my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins lived.  Now we are all scattered across the midwest and still try to meet every summer for one big gathering. This time we met in Columbus, Ohio where my cousin, Ashley and her husband, John live. Our group is getting bigger as more babies keep being added.  That is what made this trip really special....we got to meet Landon, who is my cousin Ashley's first baby.  Kyla and Ashlyn had a great time and loved being with everyone.  This little trip was full of fun things for them, including staying in a hotel....Kyla thought it was really fun!  She especially loved her big hotel bed and the hotel pool.  

Here she is jumping on her big hotel bed

And trying the bed out


Ashlyn and Daddy getting comfy on the bed


Kyla loving some pool time


And Ashlyn too....loved splashing!

As I said before, our family is growing with new babies being added.  We were so excited to meet the newest addition, Landon.

Here he is in all of his cuteness


Ashlyn introducing herself to Landon


And Kyla giving him some kisses

Like I said, this side of my family is from Ohio and they are all huge Ohio State fans.  So, we headed to Ohio State's campus and spent some time at the football stadium. 

Here is Kyla talking to her Great Grandpa on the phones he got for her


Cousins....just the girls.  Kara, me, Julie and Ashley


The men in our lives (giving their tough looks)....Jeremy, John, Dustin and Troy


All the cousins...Ashley, me, Matt, Scott, Julie and Kara


Aunts, Uncles and Grandpa - Aunt De, Uncle Rod, Grandpa, mom, dad, Aunt Tammy and Uncle Mark


The two Ash's in my life....my sweet cousin, Ashley Jill and my sweet girl, Ashlyn Ruby

Another really fun thing we did together was go to the Columbus Zoo (rated best zoo in the country last year).  We had such a great time!

Sisters ready to check out some animals


Ashlyn and Julie


Kyla getting a lift from Scott


Kyla showing the flamingo's how she can flap her arms like a bird


Ashlyn taking a snooze at the zoo


Classic picture....Kyla letting her Great Grandpa know she does not want to stand by that thing!


Buddies....Kyla and her Great Grandpa Thurman.  She is one blessed little girl to have this man in her life.

In a perfect world we would all live in the same city together and get to see each other all the time.  We wouldn't have to wait for just once a year.  But, when we are together I am so thankful for that time.  So thankful for a family who really loves each other and for people who really love God and have pointed me to Him since I was a little girl.  So thankful that those same people are in my girls lives. 

Ashlyn having fun with her Great Uncle Mark


And Kyla loving being with her Aunt Kara

We had a great time being together....talking and laughing.  I am missing them already.....some of the people I love the most in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment