Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun in the Kiddie Pool

The girls and I spent some of our time this past week trying to cool off in the kiddie pool.  I wanted to have Kyla and Ashlyn both in at the same time, but they always seemed to be napping at different times so it didn't work.  But, they both had a blast.  We are loving this summer!  Here are some pictures of the girls splashing around:

"Oh, I think this is going to be fun!"


Very fun!
 


Kyla getting in on the fun
 


Cooling off....
 


Loving it!
 


"I got wet!"
 


Laughing....
 


More laughing.....
 


Mid-splash....and showing off the long lashes both of our girls got from their Daddy
 

As I was out by the pool with Ashlyn, all I could think about was the place of deep sadness and confusion I was in a year ago at this time.  Honestly, at that time, I never thought I would be sharing these kind of moments with Ashlyn....I couldn't imagine happiness or even the fact that moments like these would feel just like they did with Kyla....pure love. 

I wish it could have been possible that 14 1/2 months ago when I was in a NICU room in the hospital feeling like my world was crashing down around me and wondering what life was going to be like in our future that someone could have shown me these pictures.  I wish someone could have put their arm around me and flipped through these pictures and said, "You have no idea what is waiting for you.  I know right now you think you will never be happy again and you will never share a bond with this baby, but just wait.  Just wait.  God has something so special waiting for you, you aren't going to believe it.  And, if you need just a little more convincing of the beauty that is coming, take a look at this:"



4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful-and I just love the little swimsuits! My boys have those eyelashes-it's totally unfair. How many women would pay an arm and a leg to have lashes like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words remind me of the new Josh Wilson song, "Before the Morning"; words of hope that I cling to every day:

    Would you dare, would you dare to believe
    That you still have a reason to sing
    'Cause the pain that you've been feeling
    Can't compare to the joy that's coming

    Thanks for your words of hope to a sister in Christ who is still waiting for the joy that's coming...~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture of her looks like she's not sure but then she's saying, "Hey! This ain't too bad!" lol

    Were Kyla and Ashlyn splashing each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Love your entry!!!

    Peggy
    Cason's Mommy

    ReplyDelete