Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Family 4th of July

We spent the 4th of July together, just our family.  It was a great day.  It is days like the day we shared this past Sunday, where I remember that in the days following Ashlyn's birth, I really thought I would never enjoy these kinds of days again.  I felt like the things I had always enjoyed and loved would never be the same again.  I was so wrong.  I think I love them more because of the new love we have found and the goodness of God that we just keep tasting more of. 

We relaxed and had a blast together.  We had some great food that Troy made for us on the grill.  As Kyla was eating she kept saying, "4th of July food is so yummy!"  We followed that meal up with some peach cobbler that Kyla helped me make.  I knew Ashlyn wouldn't be able to stay awake for the fireworks, but I was planning on Kyla staying up and seeing some with us....just ones we could see in our neighborhood.  She didn't make it.  By about 8:45 it was pretty clear she would be much happier in her bed.  So, Troy and I headed outside and he decided to go get us some sparklers for us.  Really fun.....we hung out on our back porch, watched fireworks in the sky and lit some sparklers.

I have always loved the 4th of July and this one was just another great day of celebrating to add to my list of memories. Yes, life has changed, but the joys of life and family are stronger than ever.  Here are some pictures of our day:

Ashlyn is ready for the day


Kyla was so excited to wear her 4th of July outfit


Helping mommy with the peach cobbler


Ready to go in the oven


One little cutie ready to eat!


Kyla hanging with Daddy while he grills


Someone was so hungry she had to sneak some food from her plate


Kyla on probably her third piece of watermelon


I think this shows her statement of, "4th of July food is so yummy"


Ready for a wagon ride


Ashlyn is loving it


Relaxing...


Glowing with my sparkler


Troy joining in the sparkler fun

The goodness of God....we just keep tasting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment