Friday, June 4, 2010

Sisters in Action

One of the things that I love best is seeing Kyla and Ashlyn interact with each other.  They adore each other.  Ashlyn loves to watch Kyla and Kyla loves to help Ashlyn and make her feel better.  After Ashlyn was born, a I was processing everything, I felt deep sadness over their relationship as sisters.  I worried they wouldn't have a bond or be close.  I know their relationship will be different in some ways than what I had imagined, but I am starting to see how beautiful it is going to be.  Beauty I already see. 

A few days ago the three of us were having lunch and Kyla asked if she could help feed Ashlyn.  I told her that was fine and it was the coolest thing to see.  I got out our video recorder in hopes I could get some of it.  Usually when I get it out, they realize it is there and just stop whatever they were doing and stare at it.  This day, they just kept going. 

I love this video because you can see how expressive Ashlyn is starting to get with clapping and waving.  And you can see what a natural big sister Kyla is.  I really love the part where Kyla is helping Ashlyn with sign language.  It is just a part of our life now and it is okay and Kyla is fully embracing it.  In so many ways, she has been a leader for us....she has shown us from day one how to love without limits.  The thing I love the most about this video is that it shows just another way that God is taking something I thought would always be painful and turning it into something beautiful. 

8 comments:

  1. These precious litle girls add so much joy to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love Ashlyn's face around 2:21 when she looks up at the camera. It's almost as if she saying, "I'm totally letting my Sissy help because it amuses her and she's so cute doing it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sweet! Kyla was just talking away. It was great seeing how Ashlyn was clapping her hands and motioning for things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scams--Kyla is a mini Shari, let's be honest. I love watching the two of them together and the bond that's forming. Thanks for sharing your world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this video!
    I noticed how loving and attached these two girls are last weekend when I was holding Ashlyn and Kyla wanted to be right next to her, hugging her too. So incredibly sweet.
    I don't think you'll need to worry one bit about their relationship - it's already very special!
    This post made me smile...big time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashlyn is blessed to have such a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Shari! Made me cry, she's such a little mama! You can just tell how MUCH she loves her sister!

    ReplyDelete