Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa's house

Last week we were able to go visit my parents.  We had such a great time and it is so fun to see the excitement of "going to Grandma and Grandpa's house" through the eyes of children.  When I was growing up, I was blessed to have one set of grandparents who lived in the same town as us and who I saw very regularly.  My other grandparents lived far away in Ohio and we usually saw them twice a year.  In both cases, there was just something so special about being at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  It didn't matter if I had just been there a couple of days ago or if it had been half of a year, I loved being there.  For days leading up to our visit Kyla would ask every day if that was the day we were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We all had a great time together.  Troy and my dad went golfing a couple of times and my mom and I had lots of moments of laughter and fun together.  Troy and I went to a St. Louis Cardinals game one night and Troy got to go a second time with my dad on a different night (my dad has season tickets and the seats are amazing.....I will post pictures of that soon)!  And, the girls had so much fun!  We felt bad for Ashlyn because she was hurting from getting some teeth in, but she had lots of arms to hold her and love on her.  Kyla got to stay up later, catch lighting bugs when it started to get dark, make rice krispies with Grandma and lots of other fun stuff. 

Here are some pictures of the fun:

Ashlyn with Grandpa


A very messy summer girl....ready to catch lighting bugs


Sisters....Ashlyn thought something was funny!


Having fun with some toys at Grandma and Grandpa's house



Ashlyn being her cute self



Kyla and Grandma



Blowing bubbles


The girls with Grandma and Grandpa

I am so very thankful for the wonderful grandparents our girls have been blessed with and for the memories that are starting to be made of the magical childhood times that are spent at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  So, now Kyla has begun the countdown for when we get to go to Grandma and Grandpa Hochstetler's house in July.

1 comment:

  1. Young grandparents!! :D LOVE the pic of Ashlyn with her arms out!!!

    ReplyDelete