Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Love

I remember when Troy and I were dating and I started to just know in my heart that I was going to marry him.  And when you are in love with somebody and thinking about marrying them, you start to dream about your future together.  I remember dreaming about the babies we might have one day and thinking about Troy as a daddy.  To see those dreams as a reality today is like seeing answered prayers everyday. 

Troy and I started seriously talking about starting a family soon after we moved to Indianapolis and started our first ministry assignment.  I knew Troy was starting to really feel it in his heart that he thought he was ready and we were having lots of conversations about it.  In one conversation I remember him saying to me that he just wanted to be sure he was enough of a man to be a father.  I knew just in him making that statement that he was. 

Seeing Troy as a father has surpassed all my dreams.  He is so incredibly patient and loving with our girls.  I see how deeply he cares for them and how he points them to Jesus in everyday conversation. He works so very hard for our family to provide all we need and take care of us.  I know Kyla and Ashlyn feel so safe with him.  When Daddy comes home at the end of his work day all three of us girls are so happy to see him.  And after working a full day, he always pours his energy into them.  He is indeed exactly what he said he wanted to be before he became a father.....he is the strong man that it takes to be a Godly dad. 

Our girls don't know it yet, but they will see one day how very blessed they are that he is their dad.  The other day the girls and I were listening to some music at home and a song came on that Troy and I had at our wedding.  I was telling Kyla that and she was asking why we got married.  I told her it was because we love each other and at the end of the conversation she told me that she wants to marry daddy.  I remember thinking that if she someday marries someone like her daddy, she will be one very lucky girl. 

I am very thankful for all the dreams that have come true in seeing Troy as a daddy to our girls.  It can be pretty crazy with a one year old and three year old....actually really crazy.  But we are having so much fun together on this ride!  I am also really thankful today for my own dad.  Today as a grown woman I see how very blessed I am that he was chosen as my dad.  To this day he is such a source of love and encouragement in my life.  I am so thankful.

Here are some pictures of Troy with his girls when they were babies:

Troy with Kyla when she was just weeks old


Troy with Ashlyn just days after she was born

And these are some pictures from today on Father's Day....Troy with his girls! 

Daddy and Kyla


Hugs and Kisses


Daddy and Ashlyn


Daddy with his girls


This card from Kyla and Ashlyn sums it all up!


Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment