Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mrs. Meza

In the summer of 2004 my sister had graduated college and wasn't sure at that point of the next step to take.  At that time, Troy and I were living in Kansas City, MO where he was in seminary and I was working at Kansas City Life Insurance in human resources doing recruiting.  Kara and I are very close and so she would come visit and I can remember on one visit her and I were out at the pool at my apartment (those were good days) and I said, "Kara, you should move here."  I told her that Troy and I loved it in Kansas City and although I knew it was probably just temporary for us, she should give it a try.  We have always dreamed of living in the same city and we figured that would be an opportunity for it to happen for at least a little while.  So, she did it.  She moved to Kansas City and got an apartment and started working a job that she soon found out she didn't like at all.  So, when a job came open at the company where I was working, I suggested she apply.  I talked to the hiring manager and he said he would love to meet her.  I remember the day she was sitting in my office before her interview.  She got the job and who would have known that all of that would lead to this.......


Little did Kara or I know that the day she got off the elevator for that job interview, that her future husband would be right around the corner.  After about a year, Troy and I did move and not too long after I can remember Kara and I talking on the phone and her saying, "Do you remember Dustin Meza?  Well, I went out with him last night and I really like him."  Kara and Dustin began dating, things kept getting more serious and this past weekend we celebrated their wedding.  It was such a beautiful and special day.

Kyla getting her hair done

 Adorable flower girl number one

 Adorable flower girl number two

 My beautiful bride sister....I love her so much

 With our wonderful friend, April......so special to us

 All the girls

 With my flower girls

 My awesome parents

 Kiss for Grandpa

 With one of our flower girls

 Kyla and Hailey....super flower girls

 She is a married woman!

 With our beautiful mom

 Having fun on the dance floor

Who would've known that when two sisters were out by a pool thinking about one of them making a move of all that it would have led to?  I know that God did.  God knew about all of the pieces and the timing of it all.  It is crazy to think that even God leading Troy to seminary in Kansas City and opening up a job for me there was part of Kara meeting her future husband.  The providence of God....that is something to celebrate.  I am so happy for my sister and my new brother in law.  Congratulations, Mr, and Mrs. Meza.

No comments:

Post a Comment