Sunday, October 30, 2011

Disney World here we come!!

We have been thinking about going to Disney and saving money to go for awhile.  Months ago things started to fall into place and we decided it was time.  It is always hard to know when is the perfect time to take your kids but I think it is going to be such a great time for Kyla.....she will turn 5 this winter and loves the Disney princesses so very much. She is at the age where it will truly be magical for her.  I can't wait to see her face when she sees the castle and gets to meet Cinderella.  I know Ashlyn will never remember it, but I think she will have a blast while she is there.  We cannot wait.  I am the most excited about our family being together for a whole week of vacation....our first big family vacation.

We didn't tell Kyla we were going until just a couple of weeks ago because I knew if we told her too soon she would be asking everyday when we were going.  And, I wanted the excitement to build for her and be able to have a countdown counting down the days.  So, when we did tell her we decided to video tape it.  Have you ever seen those videos where parents tell their kids they are going to Disney and they start screaming and crying?  Well, Kyla's reaction was a little more subdued.....



I think the camera made her a little shy.....she didn't know what to expect or why we sat her down for a conversation with the video camera in front of her. Although this particular take is better than the first time we tried when I started by asking her if she could go anywhere in the world where would it be, and she said the beach.  Well, Disney is close to the beach, but not exactly what I was looking for.  Anyway, as soon as we turned the camera off the excitement started with her saying things like, "I can't wait!  I wish we were going tomorrow!"  Every morning one of the first things she says is that we need to put another sticker on the countdown chart. Sometimes out of nowhere she will tell me she is so excited we are going to Disney.  She is so excited.  I am so excited.  Get ready Disney.....we are coming!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. I love how she thanks you at the end! How exciting!!

    courtney R.

    ReplyDelete