Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesdays....

Ever since my childhood, Wednesdays have been a crazy day.  I have vivid memories from my elementary school days of going to school, then piano lessons afterwards, home for supper and then off to church for Wednesday night activities.  I also have memories of sitting in the church foyer doing my homework while my parents were in choir practice.  They were crazy days, but I do look back on them fondly.  Except for maybe the piano lessons but that is mostly because I never really practiced as much as I probably should have. 

The Wednesday craziness has followed me into adulthood.  Currently on Wednesdays, Kyla has preschool in the morning, Ashlyn has two therapy appointments and the whole family is at church on Wednesday nights....I am passing it on to the next generation and really I wouldn't want it any other way.  Who knows....there could even be Wednesday piano lessons in our future.

Troy and I don't really see each other on Wednesdays until at the end of the day when it is all done.  He stays at church through supper on those days because he teaches a class on Wednesday evenings.  So, we are usually at the kitchen table on Wednesday evenings at about 9:00 p.m. having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Last Wednesday, however, Kyla and I were out in the backyard enjoying a beautiful day while Ashlyn was napping and all of a sudden I saw Troy coming around the corner.  He hugged us and said since we don't see each other very much on Wednesdays he wanted to come home for just a few minutes to see us.  Made our day!  And I should interject here that buying a house 30 seconds from the church was the best decision we ever made.  And marrying Troy Hochstetler was the best decision I ever made,  for moments just like this......

Enjoying a nice day out on a blanket in the backyard

A few minutes with Daddy on a Wednesday......blessed.

Happy girl

This Wednesday is an especially crazy one because in a few hours I will getting on a plane to fly to Kansas City to be with my sister who is getting married this Saturday!!!  Different Wednesday craziness, but in a wonderful way.  And, next Wednesday, I will be back at the kitchen table with my husband at 9:00 p.m. talking about our days.  Truly, it is a great life.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment