Thursday, September 8, 2011

Preschool days

Kyla started preschool this week.  This is her second and last year of preschool.  I wasn't really feeling too emotional about it until about two days before.  I was sad that the summer was coming to an end and that our schedule would be getting fuller.  Also, it started hitting me that with her gone on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings I probably won't go grocery shopping with her along as much and she won't be around for as many of Ashlyn's therapy appointments.  I am just so used to her always being with us.  The good thing is that Ashlyn and I will have more one on one time and preschool is so great for Kyla.

The night before it started I could tell Kyla was a little nervous about it.  She said she was afraid to meet new kids.  We kept assuring her that she would have a great time and prayed lots of prayers with her about it.  This is reflective of her personality at this point....she is shy and reserved at first and it takes her a little bit to feel comfortable sometimes.  She ended up having a great first day.  As soon as we picked her up she said, "Guess what!  I love my teacher!"  She was all smiles and kept telling me that it was a good day. 

 Ready for school

Little sister wanted to be part of the action

Picture on the stairs.....looking big

Ready to send her off

Showing her name at her seat

Chatting with some of the girls in her class as they arrived

All smiles at pick up time

 Sisters reunited

I so love the preschool days and so much of me wishes they could last longer.  We will soak it up while they are here.  As I recently heard a mom of young children say, "Our job is to raise our children, not maintain them."  So, we will keep growing, but for now, I am thankful we have a year of preschool ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment