Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let's Take a Walk

After Ashlyn was born someone made the comment to me that my world just got bigger.  What they meant was that because of Ashlyn we would meet people and welcome people into our lives that we never would have otherwise.  It has proven to be so true.  In many ways, I feel like we have welcomed a whole community into our lives.  Whenever I see someone with Down Syndrome, I feel this warmth in my heart toward them.  I accept them and love them because in some way they are a part of me because they share in the specialness of our girl.  Without a doubt our world has gotten much bigger and we are so excited to celebrate this community that has stolen our hearts. 

This year, our family is celebrating our daughter by walking in the Down Syndrome Indiana Buddy Walk. It’s a one day event designed to increase awareness about children like Ashlyn. If you’re reading this, you’re invited to walk with us that day. Ashlyn was blessed to be born into an incredibly loving community of family and friends. We’d love for nothing more than for that community of love and support to be present for Ashlyn. She’d love it too (and probably give you a hug). You’re also invited to donate on Ashlyn’s behalf to Down Syndrome Indiana.

To register to walk with us, to donate, or to learn more, please visit our Page.

Thanks for your love for Ashlyn and your support of people blessed with an extra chromosome.

No comments:

Post a Comment