Saturday, January 1, 2011

Decorations coming down, new year coming up

We are home from our Christmas travels and getting ready for a brand new year.  The Christmas decorations are almost all put away and the 2011 calendar is up.  But, before we totally close the book on this Christmas season, I am taking a look back at all of the memories we will take with us into the new year.  Over the past couple of weeks we have.....

made a birthday cake for Jesus

 watched the snow fall on Christmas Eve

 gotten really excited after the Christmas eve service at church, when we found out we got to open one gift

 and what did we get??????

Christmas jammies for Kyla

 and for Ashlyn

 cuddled up and happy in our Christmas jammies

 we left cookies for Santa

 and woke up on Christmas morning to this:

 and to this:

 we were so happy when we came down the stairs on Christmas morning and saw what was under the tree

 we opened presents

 and had fun with the wrapping paper

we have been really happy, because we went to both of our Grandma and Grandpa's houses

 and got to open more presents

 lots of presents

 we sang lots of songs with Grandma H.

 had lots of fun with Grandpa S.

 and dressed up like a princess with Grandma S.

 looked at more presents

and made lots of memories 

We are home and ready for a new year and all of the love it will hold. These days you can find us at Home Depot buying organizational bins and shelves for our closets (new year...more organized closets) or soon you will find me at the gym on a treadmill running like someone is chasing me while I think of all of the cookies and sweets I have been eating (run, Shari, run)!  And, you will definitely find me thanking God for a new year for our family to share. 

I have no idea what the year ahead will hold, but I do know the faithful God who holds each moment in His hands and the family I get to share it all with, which is way I can say with joy....welcome, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment