Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Anticipation

It is almost here....and I am getting that same giddy feeling that I do every year.  The anticipation of Christmas Day.  And, now that I have two little girls in my life, the anticipation is here in a whole new way.  I have loved all of the things we have done as a family this Christmas season and can't wait to spend Christmas Day together.  I can't wait to see their reaction to presents under the tree and full stockings.  I can't wait to make a birthday cake for Jesus' birthday and to celebrate together.  We are building a family....we are forming memories....I couldn't be more thankful.  This is the week....we are waiting and celebrating.  We are....

wearing fancy Christmas dresses

 and ugly Christmas sweaters for Christmas parties

 we are staying in our jammies longer and drinking more hot chocolate

 we are going out for special family Christmas dinners.  Here is Kyla enjoying some chocolate after her meal

 and Ashlyn is enjoying her Daddy.  I am pretty sure all Ashlyn wants for Christmas is her Daddy....she is in love!

 we are looking at all of our Christmas cards and thanking God for all of our dear friends and family

 we are staying warm by the fire

We are remembering the birth of Jesus and knowing that His presence in our lives is the greatest gift we will ever receive.  "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6.  We couldn't ask for more.

Basically, we are just getting really, really excited for Christmas Day....

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that last picture of Ash! So sweet! A smile to melt your heart that girl has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, love your Sweater!! That is great!! Courtney

    ReplyDelete