Monday, December 6, 2010

Cozy, snowy days

It seems to me that there are two types of people.....those who love snow and those who hate it.  I happen to fall into the "love it" category.  A lot of people think I am crazy for this....those would be the "hate it" category people.  I think what I really love is living where there are four different seasons, because I love all of them and what they offer.  So, when it is wintertime I say, "Bring on the snow!"  Now, I will admit there are some downfalls.....you can't take your kids out of the house as nearly as easy as when it is warm (example....the girls and I didn't leave the house today because I didn't feel like getting them in and out of the car in the really cold temperatures) and it is a big pain to get kids into their coats and buckled into their car seats.  Other than that, I love everything about it.

So, I am one happy girl these days because everything I see is a blanket of white.  One day last week was the first snow....not too heavy but flurries all day and the ground was covered.  The girls and I had a cozy day at home.....Kyla kept asking if she could go play in it....there really wasn't enough to play in, but I told her we could go outside to see the flakes falling.  I think she is inheriting my love of snow.  Here she is all bundled up, checking out the first flakes of the season:


We came inside and cuddled up under a blanket to read.....


The excitement level went up a few more notches when we woke up later in the week on Saturday morning to this:


We all huddled around our kitchen table and enjoyed a nice, warm breakfast while the snow fell (we have pancakes on most Saturday mornings, but a snowy one makes them even better):


Kyla immediately started asking if she could go outside and play in the snow, so later on in the day, her and Daddy headed out:


And there was a lot of this:


 Kyla had the best time.....and I think Troy had a pretty good time, too.  :)

I love this picture....this shows perfectly the fun she was having.  I am so glad she is making these memories.

Ashlyn and I were inside staying warm, but I decided to get her bundled up to see how she would like it......


Turns out she liked it much better from the inside....here she is watching Kyla and Daddy......


 Kyla throwing snowballs at the window where Ashlyn and I were.....Ashlyn thought this was funny:)

 Our sweet girl....taking it all in

Before Kyla and Troy went outside I told them when they came in I would have hot chocolate ready for them.  Another cozy thing I love about snowy days.

Kyla about to enjoy her cup....

 taking a sip....

 and the chocolate mustache at the end

I love these days of making memories with our girls and seeing them experience all of these joys for the first time.  I know to some it might seem crazy that I get giddy when it snows, but I really just love taking in all that a season offers.  Believe me, when spring gets here I will be giddy about watching our tulips bloom, opening up windows to feel the breeze, and going out for a walk with the girls the first time it is warm enough.  But, for now, I am loving these white December days and getting ready for a nice, cozy winter with the people I love the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment