Monday, January 10, 2011

Four years old

Four years ago today I became a mommy and my heart has never been the same.  The love is so deep it is scary sometimes, in a really great way.  Today as we celebrated Kyla's birthday, all through the day I would be remembering all that happened four years ago on this day.  As any mom knows, there are details of that day you will never forget and that day....the day I become a mommy....will be in my heart always.  When she turns 5, 25, and 45, I will hold in my heart all of it.  No matter how old she gets, I will always know this....


The tears are on my face as I write this and after seeing the picture above.  That picture was taken just hours after Kyla was born.  Oh, the love.....there are no words.  And, I think the reason that moms can be such emotional basket cases is because we know that day....the day they entered our world and showed us this love and it just keeps growing and getting stronger year after year. 

Kyla on her first birthday

 On her second birthday

 On her third birthday

 And, here she is yesterday....the day before she turned four.

The joy of Kyla Elise in our lives is one of the greatest gifts I will ever be given.  There is no way to describe my love for her.  We are so blessed to call her our daughter....we told her that a lot today.  And we celebrated by spending the day in Indy as a family with a trip to Build a Bear for Kyla and time together as a family.  

Waking up as a four year old and finding some balloons

 Picking out a heart for her bear at Build a Bear

 My sweet girl with her new bear

 Me with the girl who made me a mommy

 Ashlyn having a blast in the play area at the mall

 The birthday girl loved it too

 Sisters

 A worn out birthday girl taking a nap with her new bear on the trip home

 Rested and ready to open birthday cards

 Proudly displaying all of them

 Sisters holding hands at Kyla's birthday dinner.  This four year old has a heart full of love for her little sister.

I heard a quote once that my friend Phyllis reminded me of recently.  I don't know it word for word but it basically says that having a child is like walking around with your heart outside of your body.  It is so true. These girls of mine are my heart walking around outside of me.  I am so thankful for receiving the gift of that kind of love four years ago today.  I am so thankful for the little girl that was placed in my arms four years ago today.  Happy birthday to my sweet Kyla Elise.


No comments:

Post a Comment