Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sister love

I had just finished putting clothes into the dryer and turned the corner to find this:

Kyla reading to Ashlyn from her princess book

 I love seeing them bond.  I love the way I see that Kyla was made to be a big sister.  I love the way that Ashlyn's face lights up when she sees Kyla and that Kyla can make her laugh so much.  I love that Kyla looks at Ashlyn and just sees her sister....no differences, just her "baby sister" as she calls her.  I love the sister relationship that God planned for these two girls

The reading continues.....Ashlyn seems ready to turn the page

 More reading....Kyla is passing down her love for the princesses

 I love, love this.  My two little girls. Sisters.

Now, along with moments of reading together and enjoying themselves, I will hear...."Mommy, Ashlyn is going to tear the pages" or "Mommy, Ashlyn keeps pulling my hair."  All part of the love.  

 This is classic....Ashlyn loves pulling Kyla's hair.  You can see it coming.  She will just look at if for a few seconds and then goes in for the grab.

 Pretty soon the reading was done and the sisters moved on to other things.

 Playing around

 Ashlyn loving being with her sister

 Kyla crawling with Ash....you can see how hard Ashlyn is laughing!

 Moving into the kitchen....the fun continues

I know all about the great blessing of having a sister.  I have one.  Her name is Kara and I adore her.  She has been my best friend since we were little girls.  We laugh together (a lot) and share each others burdens.   We always have.  She is one of the greatest blessings in my life.  And, I was really happy this past weekend because I got to go to Kansas City to visit her.....it is our dream to get to live by each other someday, but for now we take daily phone conversations and every visit we can get.

I am so thankful for the unconditional love of a sister.  I am thankful for that in my life and for how I see it forming between my girls.  Sister love.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. You have such a gift. I always feel so encouraged after reading, and I look for your blog posts. You have such a beautiful heart, and beautiful girls.

    PS-Are you coming for homecoming in a couple weeks? I'd love to meet your girls! And I have a little four year old, Kylee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel. You are so kind. We won't be at homecoming this year....too bad because I would love to see you and meet Kylee. Hopefully another time! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Sorry we missed you this weekend! I'm glad you got to have some good girl time with Kara!--Monica

    ReplyDelete