Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall means pumpkin patches....

Fall is my favorite time of the year....I love everything about it.  There are currently pumpkins on our porch, fall decorations inside and pumpkin spice candles that I burn in the evenings.  I love that it is another chance for our family to make memories together and for our girls to begin to enjoy all of the joys of fall in the midwest. This past weekend was one of those times....we went to the pumpkin patch and had such a great time.  It was a perfect fall day.  And, Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandma were here to go with us so it was even extra special.  Kyla's favorite part was riding on the wagon (she called it a tractor) to go out to the pumpkin field and Ashlyn's favorite part was everything.....seriously, she had a smile on her face almost the whole time.  Here is a glimpse at what prompted all of those smiles:

Kyla is ready to look for some pumpkins

Kyla and Mommy getting ready for a wagon ride (and Great Grandma too!)

 So much happiness for Kyla as we took off on the wagon

 Ashlyn loved it all.....starting with feeling the corn in the corn maze

Getting a ride from Daddy

 Daddy and Ash decided to be sneaky and hide from the rest of us in the corn maze...we found em!

 The four of us

And the joy continues....Ashlyn loved being in this wagon

 Two sisters getting a ride through the pumpkin patch

 "I've got my pumpkin!"

 Little pumpkin by a really big pumpkin

 Kyla with Grandma and Grandpa....getting ready for a second wagon ride

 This picture sums up the whole day for Ashlyn....she loved it!

I know I will love this picture always....my girl exploring her world.

 My big girl having fun on the teeter totter

 Our family

I am continually reminded that there was a time when I thought we would never have these kind of days.  There was a time when I thought our family wouldn't feel "normal" again.  But, when we spend days at the pumpkin patch holding hands, hugging, laughing and loving the fall.....I am again reminded of God's faithfulness and kindness. I remember soon after Ashlyn was born a mother of a two year old little girl with Down Syndrome sent me a message and in it she said, "Our life is so normal, but better."  Yeah, we are starting to get that.   Because even though life and circumstances aren't always perfect.....God's will for us is.  Celebrating that truth and the beautiful fall.....Happy October!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! These photos are great! and bring back so many memories of when our kids were little. Don't blink, because the time flies by (trust me on this!).
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete