Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Five Years

Five years ago tonight I was in a hospital room in Indianapolis holding my firstborn baby.  It looked like this.....


For as tired as you can be after giving birth, there are details I will always remember.  I remember just staring at her as they were weighing and measuring her.  I just couldn't believe she was actually here.  I remember holding her right after she was born and thinking how beautiful she was and noticing that she had really long eyelashes, just like her daddy.  I remember how desperate her cry sounded and hoping I would be able to calm her down.  I remember loving her so much.  I became a mommy that night and I will forever remember it.  That was five years ago and this is today......


I have been blessed to be Kyla's mama for five years now and it is without a doubt one of the greatest blessings of my life.  I really can't believe she is five.  She brings so much joy to our home.  She has a tender and thoughtful heart.  She can be silly around people she is comfortable with and shy around those she doesn't know as well.  She is very detail oriented and a perfectionist.  She thinks things through.  She loves to read and play with babies and princesses.  She LOVES her little sister.  She includes Ashlyn in everything and treats her with so much love.  We are so thankful for Kyla and all she means to our family.  And because her life is so special to us, I did everything I could on her birthday to let her know how much she is loved.

Birthday balloon waiting for her this morning 

Lunch at Chick Fil A (her favorite)....Daddy met us there to have lunch with us.  Kyla and Ashlyn got some playing in before we ate.

Our surprise for her today was that she got to pick out a fish!!  She was really excited and picked this fish that she named Lily.

 Kyla told me that today is also Cinderella's birthday and she wanted to have a tea party and cake for her. Lots to celebrate today!

I made her favorite dinner for her tonight....spaghetti.  At bedtime I asked her what her favorite things of the day were.  She said picking out a fish and the spaghetti.  Glad I made her some!

 She will have a birthday party on Saturday with her Grandma's, Grandpa's and aunt.  Today was about celebrating her and letting her know she is deeply loved.  Troy and I told her at bedtime tonight that we are so glad that God made her our daughter.  Those words could not be more true. Our prayer is that year after year she will know how loved she is by us and by her Heavenly Father.  Happy 5th Birthday to Kyla Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment