Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday Buddies

In the very early morning of January 10, 2007, I woke up to realize my water had broken and I was in labor with our first baby.  I remember as I started realizing what was happening, one of the first questions I asked Troy was what day it was and if it was his birthday.  Kyla was due to be born on January 24 but decided to come a little early and so on that morning I was trying to figure out what day it was.  Troy looked down at our clock and told me it was January 10....two days before his birthday.  Kyla was born on January 10 and came home from the hospital with us on her daddy's birthday, January 12.  They will always be birthday buddies.  This past weekend we celebrated.

 Birthday buddies ready to play in the snow....part of what comes with a January birthday

Birthday snowman

And a little sled pulling

Kyla at her birthday party 

Time for some cake

With our five year old girl

With all of her cards

It is such a joy for me to get to celebrate two of my greatest loves in the month of January......birthday buddies.


No comments:

Post a Comment