Thursday, July 14, 2011

Heat up.....cool down

This week started off really, really hot.  As soon as you walked outside you felt like you were wet from how humid it was.  I grew up in Southern Illinois right outside of St. Louis, which I think is one of the hottest places on earth.  I know that it really isn't and there are hotter places, but St. Louis gets really hot in the summer.  I remember when I was around jr. high age my family made the trek from down state to visit Chicago.  It was the middle of June and already in the high 80's/low 90's in St. Louis and when we got up to Chicago we had to buy sweatshirts because it was so chilly.  Weird.  I like summer to be hot.  I won't lie, though, upper 90's with out of control humidity isn't my favorite, but part of summer so I will take it.  On those really hot days it is hard to go outside much with little ones so we stay inside and....

wear our cute summer dresses

and take care of our babies



see how high we can build a block tower

and have lots of sister fun




In the middle of the week, the humidity died down and the temps came down into the breezy and comfortable 80's.  So we headed outside and.....
played at the park





and made sidewalk chalk art



Whether it is so hot you could fry an egg on your driveway or so perfect you want to stay outside all day, we are loving the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment