Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thankful for motherhood

Each year on Mother's Day I feel incredibly grateful.  I feel grateful because God blessed me with an amazing mom.  Since I was a little girl I have loved her and now as a grown woman and mother myself, I love her in a whole new way.  We talk on the phone many times throughout the week about anything from clothes, to the latest mascara we like to recipes.  I also talk to her about mothering and she understands everything I say and listens to me and prays for me and gives me great advice.  I am so thankful for my mom.

I am grateful for my mother in law.  First, because she raised the man I love and he is a great man....I will always thank her for that.  Also, because she is so kind and cares about me and we have a blast together.  I know not every girl could say this, but I really love my mother in law.

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a mom and stay home and be with my kids.  I am living that dream and everyday I pinch myself that it is really happening.  Being a mommy to Kyla and Ashlyn is one of the single greatest joys of my life.  I could not think of anything in the world I would rather be than their mom.  I love them so much it hurts sometimes.

This weekend as we celebrated Mother's Day I was feeling the blessings big time because we were together as a family doing some of the things I love the very most.......

Daddy and the girls surprised me with cupcakes!

 We spent a lot of time outside and brought some of our spring flowers from outside to inside

 Kyla and I colored together

 We spent more time outside planting some new flowers for the summer.  Kyla is ready with her gardening gloves.

 She was a great helper with the planting



 As always, Ashlyn loved it outside

 Really loved it.....

 Sisters playing

 We tried to get a nice mother and daughter picture this morning after church, but we are just not in the season where that happens easily.  We tried.....


 and tried again.  My two girls and one really grateful mommy.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment