Saturday, May 28, 2011

The ads that makes me cry

A couple of weeks ago I was thumbing through a Parents magazine that I had received in the mail and as I turned the last page and looked at the back of the magazine I saw this ad for Pampers diapers.....


At first I just glanced at it, but the baby in the bottom left hand corner immediately caught my attention because she has Down Syndrome.  I couldn't believe it....I kept staring at it.  My heart was so happy to see that Pampers had included a baby with Down Syndrome in their ads.  It means inclusion to me....it means that they think babies with Down Syndrome are special and valued enough to plaster all over their ads that millions of people see.  It means they value my girl.  I showed the ad to Troy later on and we talked about how cool it was.  And, then awhile later, Kyla saw the magazine just laying around and when she saw the ad on the back, she pointed to the little baby in the left hand corner and said, "That baby looks like Ashlyn."  She has no idea that their is anything different about the baby in the ad or her sister, she just thinks there is something about them that is the same. 

Well, a few weeks after seeing that ad, I saw a commercial on TV from Pampers that I love.  The tears were in my eyes the first time I saw it because it is so beautiful....I still tear up when I see it.  It features babies in such a special way, showing how different they can be and how different their circumstances can be, but how valued they all should be.  How each baby is a miracle and deserves the same kind of unconditional love.  And, in this commercial is a baby with Down Syndrome.   Yes, they are miracles and yes, they deserve unconditional love....just like any other baby in the world.  I am so happy that Pampers has done these ads and for the inclusion they show in representing special needs families along with lots of others.   Take a look at this beautiful commercial..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment