Monday, November 29, 2010

Sarah Palin made me cry and a few other things.....

So, first let me say that this post has nothing to do with politics.  I can assure you that my thoughts towards Sarah Palin don't go much farther than I like her big hair and her make-up always looks really good.  I know there are some people who are very, very into politics and get bent out of shape at the mention of a politicians name they don't like.....so, if you are one of those people and if Sarah Palin causes that reaction in you, I apologize for mentioning her name.

I guess my thoughts towards Sarah Palin go a little farther than her hair and make-up....her and I have something in common.  We both have children with Down Syndrome.  You may already know that she has a show on TLC right now called, "Sarah Palin's Alaska" and I saw that coming up on that show was going to be a segment on her son, Trig, who has Down Syndrome.  I was really curious to see it so I recorded it since I wasn't going to be able to watch it.  I watched it today....I fast forwarded through most of it and just watched the small portion about Down Syndrome.  I saw Sarah Palin meet an older boy with Down Syndrome.  He didn't talk much and when he did you couldn't really understand him.  As I was watching it, I could feel my heart feeling the emotions of what Ashlyn's future might look like.  I continued to watch and saw Sarah Palin releasing the emotions she felt as well....I think they were mixed.  Mixed emotions over deep love for her son and yet continuing to realize that his future is different.  I was crying because I know those emotions.  And, I am sure there is someone reading this who thinks Sarah Palin is only doing that show for political gain.....that may be.  I have no idea.  Those are not the kinds of things that I spend a lot of time thinking about.  Today I was just sharing the same emotions of another mom.  A mom who is different than me in a lot of ways but the same in one big way. 

Moving on.....we had a great time last week at my parent's house for Thanksgiving.  The girls loved being with their Grandma and Grandpa.

Ashlyn getting kisses from Grandpa

 Kyla with Grandma.  This was right before she went to Grandma's school to see her classroom.  (My mom teaches 2nd grade and Kyla loved seeing her classroom.  I think it was hard to get her to leave.)

 Aunt Kara was there too.....this made things extra special!

 And, of course.....we all loved the food.

Ashlyn enjoying her meal.......

.....and Kyla thinking about some dessert

 .....and I was one happy girl because it was snowing on Thanksgiving Day!

Meanwhile, back at home the tree is up.....


 ......and the stockings are hung.  (Thank you to my mother-in-law for making these beautiful stockings).

 Christmas time is here and our hearts are filled with a lot of this.....


Christmas joy......we are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment