Monday, November 1, 2010

Ladybugs go trick or treating

We had such a great time trick or treating last night.  Kyla is at a great age for it now....she understands it and had a blast.  She said "trick or treat" when people came to the door and "thank you" when they gave her candy.  Ashlyn, on the other hand, didn't love it as much.  Once we left to go house to house, she was letting  us know she wasn't loving it.....I think it was a mixture of wondering why she had a costume on with things on her head and that she was very cold.  So, she made it for a little bit and then went home with Daddy to get warm and hand out candy.  Kyla and I continued on and had so much fun.  I loved having that one on one time with her....holding hands with her as we walked along, seeing her excitement at other kids dressed up and talking to me about the candy she was getting.  We were our for quite awhile and right about the time I noticed Kyla was shaking from being cold, she asked if we could go home and eat candy.  So, that is what we did....her and I both had our fair share of candy and enjoyed giving candy out to kids who stopped by our house.

I love this season of life....experiencing all the joys of childhood with our girls.  At one house we stopped at the woman who lives there has kids who are all grown and when she saw us with Kyla and Ashlyn she said, "I sure do miss those days."  I know one day I will be saying that same thing to some young family with there young kids when mine are all grown up. For now, I am so thankful for all God has given us to enjoy today and for all the good days He has for us ahead.  Right now, we are loving the days of two little girls dressed up as ladybugs....here they are in all of their ladybug cuteness:

Ladybug Kyla

 Ladybug Ashlyn

 A running ladybug

 And a smiling ladybug

 Sweet, sweet girl

 Another really sweet girl

 Daddy and one of his ladybugs

Kyla telling us what house she wants to go to next

  Saying "trick or treat"

  Time to eat some candy...skittles were her favorite

 Warming up by the fire for a few minutes

 Ladybug sisters

Great night of memories and ladybug love!

1 comment: