Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back in the groove

 What tends to happen with me is that if I start to get really behind on something, I get so overwhelmed about catching up on it or getting back on track that sometimes I don't know where to start.  Take my closet for instance, I have the best of intentions and at times it is relatively organized.  But, if you looked in it right now you might disagree.  I have lots of clothes I need to go through and for the life of me my shoes often end up in random piles on the bottom of the closet floor.....I always find the match though.  The reality is that once it gets a little out of control it is hard for me to reign it back in.  In college, I was a business major and I thought intro to accounting would be the end of me.  I would try my hardest to stay on top of it but once we got much past basic debits and credits I would start to get lost, but the homework assignments would keep on coming and I would often find myself sitting in the library trying to focus on it but feeling like I wanted to go throw my textbook in the trash and pretend none of it was happening.  Luckily, I chose not to go that route and annoyed my professor to death by showing up in his office quite often for him to walk me through basic accounting problems, all while I am sure he was thinking he didn't get paid enough for this. 

Well, I am having those same feelings with my little blog here.  Once I realized I hadn't posted something in over a month I started to get the overwhelmed, not sure if I know how to catch up feeling.  The irony is that no one is grading me on it and it doesn't really matter if I write on it or not.  I really do love writing though.  I will say though, as you know, the days are so busy and I am so darn tired at the end of our evenings.  Plus, I dream about having one of those blogs that looks really cute and looks like a graphic designer did it.  I do not have those skills.....my husband does, but that brings us back to the days are really busy and we are so tired by the time our evenings come.  The bottom line is that in so many areas of my life, my mind gets the best of me and I over think things.  So, today I am choosing just to write and not think too much.

So, we are getting used to our new routine with Kyla in full day kindergarten and Ashlyn in preschool Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.  Kyla has the sweetest teacher and I get to volunteer in her class on Thursday mornings, which I love.  Ashlyn is thriving in her preschool....the program she is in is such a blessing to us.  It is so fun to hear her speech increasing and to see how much she loves to interact with the other children in her class.  Besides school, Kyla has started playing soccer which keeps us busy on Saturday mornings for now, but it is a lot of fun.

 On her first morning of soccer

In action

Ashlyn cheers from the sides!

We are kind of fall freaks in our house.  Both Troy and I love the fall and it is our favorite season.  We often comment on how old we seem to be getting as we caught ourselves the other day driving around town in our mini van, commenting on the changing leaves and how the weather in October is perfect.  Oh well, we still think we are cool.  :)  Part of our fall revolves around Sunday afternoon football and cheering on the Colts.  We miss Peyton terribly but we are still cheering.




And, another fall tradition for us is a trip to the pumpkin patch.  We often go in October but went in September this year and it was so nice....not as cold.  (Again, with the weather observations).

The two sweetest little pumpkins there are

Wagon ride to the pumpkin patch

Kyla out in the patch

Searching for just the right one....

Getting a ride from Daddy

Found a pumpkin for Ashlyn

Riding in style

And then we found some really huge pumpkins

One of my most favorite pictures ever.  Two little girls on two big pumpkins.

So big you can stand on them

Ashlyn's turn

Taking a rest in the hay

Time for the corn maze



Going fast with Daddy



Like I said, we are fall freaks.  Pumpkin patches make us really happy.


Hoping to get back in the writing groove and not letting this blog turn into the situation on my closet floor.  One more quick thing.....we are walking for our sweet Ashlyn in this year's Down Syndrome Indiana Buddy walk.  Check out our fundraising page to see how you can help us and all of those blessed with an extra chromosome.

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/shari-hochstetler/15th-annual-buddy-walk-r




No comments:

Post a Comment