Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Favorite Days

We went to bed last night with the latest forecast saying we could see snow today.  I woke up this morning and heard the cold rain pounding down.  I was happy thinking that the rain I was hearing could turn to snow.....I am a snow lover.  And I was really happy because today we had absolutely nothing scheduled.  Nothing.  That hardly ever happens.  Ashlyn has therapy three times a week, Kyla has preschool and there are various other things we are involved in.  But, today was free.....and it might snow......happiness.

The girls and I took our sweet time getting going and stayed in our jammies a little longer than usual. 


And as we were having breakfast I was already loving how cozy this day was going to be.  A cold day, Christmas time and the promise of the first snow of the season coming.....well, that is a day where you have to bake cookies.  So, we got dressed and headed out in the rain to get a few things we would need.

Perfect day for our boots

All bundled up

Ready to face the elements

While we were at the store, we walked the baking aisle and talked about what kind of cookies we should make.  There are all sorts of kinds that I love at Christmas, one of those being peanut butter blossoms.  As much as I love them, my husband loves them more.  They are his favorite at Christmas.  So, we decided to make daddy's favorite.  While we were driving home from the store, Kyla said, "Mommy, can these cookies be a surprise for daddy?"  Definitely they can. 

Time to bake....working on unwrapping the Hershey's kisses

Helping with the dough

And helping herself to a taste :)

Lining them all up

And the best part....taking a bite after they are baked and cooled

After the cookies were baked and while we were eating lunch, I looked out and saw that the rain was starting to have white mixed in with it.  I told Kyla to look and the excitement began.....for both of us. Kyla decided she better go get her binoculars to get a better look at the snow that was starting to fall.


Happy about what she is seeing out the front door

And a few hours later, those little specks of white turned into this....hello, first snow of the season....


Taking it all in

Kyla checking it out from her bedroom window

And when we weren't looking out the windows at the falling snow, I got a little help with some cleaning from
a sweet little helper.


Today was my favorite kind of day.  Everything I love all fell into one day. 

Two happy sisters

And a happy man who came home to his squealing four year old girl telling him that we made him a surprise

A cozy day at home, nothing on our schedule, the joy of the first snow, making memories with my girls.....this was my favorite kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment