Friday, December 9, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

We are full into the sights and sounds of Christmas around here.  We had a minor setback this week when I came down with a not so fun case of strep throat, but thankfully I am feeling better now and am ready to get right back into Christmas.

One of the things Troy and I really wanted to do this year was go to a tree farm to get a real Christmas tree.  We have had a fake tree for the past few years, but always thought the idea of going to a tree farm to get one sounded so fun and once you have children of your own, those kinds of memories are even more important.  We had heard about several different tree farms around us, but while we were at Thanksgiving I was looking through a Midwest Living magazine at my mother and father in laws house and came across a tree farm that caught my attention.  At the time, I had no idea where it was, but I was loving the pictures and how perfect the tree farm looked.  As I continued to read it said the tree farm was in Thorntown, IN, outside of Indianapolis.  I was so excited when I found out this beautiful tree farm in Midwest Living was only about a 25 minute drive from our house. 

Dull's Tree Farm did not disappoint.  All I kept saying as we were walking around was, "This is so cute!"  The whole place just screamed Christmas.  Rows of fresh trees as far as you could see, a big fire pit where you could sit and get warm, a huge red barn where they wrap your tree up, cozy cottages with fire places where you can get hot chocolate and a horse drawn wagon ride.  I was a happy girl.

And so was Ashlyn....ready to go find the perfect tree

 Kyla and all of the trees. And the little bit of snow....perfect. 

Daddy, Kyla, the saw and the tree carrier....we are ready.

We found it!

Daddy getting to work and Ashlyn peeking in

Our tree cutter

Got it down!

Sisters

 Time to take our tree with us

 Lots of trees and two little girls

 Time for some hot chocolate

Loved this red barn

Gonna take a wagon ride

We got our tree home and got it all decorated.  My favorite part is the great smell.  I think it is safe to say that we have a new Christmas tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment