Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

We just got back yesterday from celebrating Thanksgiving with the Hochstetler side of our family.  Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays and we were so blessed to be with our family.  We had a blast with them, as we always do.  The girls are getting to that age when being at Grandma and Grandpa's house is one of the best things on earth.  Kyla cries now when we leave, it kind of breaks my heart. 

I always have a blast because I have such a fun mother in law and sister in law.  We all share a love for pinterest and when we arrived they had pinterest projects waiting for us to to do.  Love that!  They even had a pinterest project for Kyla.  And, we always have fun doing a little shopping together....I am so blessed to have them in my life.

There was also a first this Thanksgiving.  I have been wondering what all the hype over Black Friday is and so I convinced my sweet husband to come along with me this year to see what it is all about.  We can chalk this one up under "the things you do for love" category, because Troy doesn't particularly love shopping on a regular day.  Also, one of the biggest differences between the two of us is that I am a night owl and he is an early bird.  Which is why I thought I would much rather do the Black Friday thing when the stores opened at midnight than get up at the crack of dawn.  He obliged and took a nice two hour nap before we left.  My overall take on Black Friday is that I was less than impressed.  I think I was going in with visions of getting high priced items for next to nothing.  Also, I didn't have a plan or a particular item I was looking for.  So, basically it was me and my tired but awesome for going along with it husband roaming the mall with the Black Friday shoppers.  I wish we could have had someone along taking pictures because I am sure it was funny to watch.

All of these things and more is what made our Thanksgiving this year really great.....

Kyla and Ashlyn in the cute Thanksgiving hats Grandma got for them

Our family on Thanksgiving day

Kyla checking out the just carved turkey

She is ready to begin the feast

And so is Ashlyn

And so is Troy

Time for pumpkin pie

Digging in....

Time for a nap....and dreaming about how much fun Black Friday shopping will be

Sisters in the chair at Grandma and Grandpa's that they love to spin in

Kyla working on her pinterest project with Grandma

Almost midnight and about to leave for Black Friday....if Troy looks half asleep, he was

With Heidi, in the middle of one of our projects

Having some splashing fun in Grandma's kitchen sink

Ashlyn loves playing the piano

Our finished projects....winter wreaths for our front doors

Kyla's finished pinterest project....a felt tree for her to decorate.  So fun!

Ashlyn laughing while Aunt Heidi gives her a ride

Loving it at Grandma and Grandpa's

Blessed beyond measure and so very thankful.  Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment