Friday, April 1, 2011

Family Fridays.....I love them

Every Friday we spend the whole day together as a family.  To say I love Friday's would be a huge understatement.  To get to spend the whole day with my husband and our two girls is heaven on earth to me.  And the thing is that it doesn't matter what we are doing.  Almost every Friday, no matter what we are doing, I am always thinking that really it couldn't get any better than this.

Today for family Friday we decided to spend the day in Indy at the children's museum.  We had a blast and the girls loved it.  It was really, really crowded today, probably because of Spring Break.  I was curious to see what the girls would like best.  They both really liked the "play scape" area, which is a preschool play area.  Lots of room for Ashlyn to crawl around and lots to touch.  Kyla loved trying everything there.  There is a Dora the Explorer exhibit at the museum right now, which I thought would be Kyla's favorite.  But, her favorite thing was the dinosaur area....she loved it.  She thought it was all so cool.  At one point it starts making rain and thunder noises in the dinosaur area....this was not a problem.  But, after that the dinosaurs started making roaring noises.  I saw Kyla freeze for a minute and I thought she would move on.  But, she looked at me as serious as could be and said, "Mommy, I know those dinosaurs aren't real, but they scare me.  I don't like when they make those noises."  Then there were a few tears but after we talked about it for a minute, she was okay.  She told us on the way home that the dinosaurs were her favorite. 

Ashlyn loved every minute of all of it.  She was in her element....lots of action, lots of people around and lots to see.  It was packed there today, which was fine with her because that meant more people to wave at.  Lots of waving and smiling for Ashlyn today!  And, Troy and I had a blast because we were together and loved seeing the girls reactions to everything.  We had such a great day together and these are some of the reasons why......

Ashlyn at the water table in the play scape area....this is the calm before the storm

 And here comes the storm......big splashing and loving every minute of it. 

 Kyla having some fun at the water table too

 Focusing at the sand table

 Ashlyn loved this rocking horse

 Laughing.....

 And moving all around

 Some tractor fun

 Planting flowers in the garden

 Dora!

 Measuring dinosaur bones

 Talking on a Barbie phone in the Barbie exhibit

 Getting Barbie all dressed

 Taking a snooze

 Eating some ice cream

 Two sisters after a day of lots of fun....I love these girls

So thankful for my family. 

2 comments:

  1. We go to that museum when we visit my parents. My kids love it to. Did you go to the 4th floor - with the carousel and the wonky houses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nichol - Yes, we did....they loved it! Really fun!

    ReplyDelete