Thursday, April 14, 2011

The family that gets sick together, stays together

Good grief, it feels like we just got done with sickness at our house.  I thought we were in the clear until the other night while at dinner with some of my girlfriends, out of nowhere, my throat felt extremely painful.  I came home and told Troy that my throat hurt really bad, thinking that probably by the morning it would be better.  Turns out I was up most of the night realizing it wasn't going away.  The next morning, my sweet husband came home to take Kyla to preschool and after that off we went to the doctor....me, Troy and Ashlyn all hanging out in the doctors office together.....little did we know at that time that all three of us had strep throat.  I got the news first and heard the greatest words a doctor can tell you, "I will call you in some amoxicillin."  I love hearing that because I know amoxicillin works and that pretty soon I will feel better.

While driving home from the doctors office, Troy tells me that he isn't sure if it is in his head or not, but that his throat was starting to hurt really bad.  We already had an appointment scheduled for Ashlyn because we noticed over the weekend she was fussy, stuffed up and not wanting to eat.  While I was at home resting, Troy took Ashlyn to the doctor where they did a strep test and after that the two of them headed over to urgent care where Troy found out he had strep throat......and amoxicillin was called in.  On their way home, Ashlyn's doctors office called and said that Ashlyn strep test showed that she did have strep throat.....amoxicillin was called in.

And so our kitchen counter looks like this.....antibiotics all lined up

Out of all of us, Ashlyn has handled it the best.  She has had her moments of discomfort, but has still been the happy little girl we know.   Troy and I have had some tougher moments.  Strep throat just does not feel good....it makes you dread every time you have to swallow.  And also makes you realize how often you have to swallow.  My beloved amoxicillin is doing its job and I am feeling better.  Troy is still dreading the swallows, but is getting there.

And, Kyla......no sickness for her.  As of now, she is strep throat fear and I am praying it stays that way.  She has been the best little girl while we have all been sick.  She told me several times that she was praying for Jesus to help me feel better.  She has been so content to entertain herself while the rest of us required more rest than usual.  I love her so much.  Tonight her and I were able to get away together for a little bit to a fair at her preschool.....here she is showing off her "face painting" that she wanted on her hand instead of her face.


It has not been a fun couple of days.  It is never easy when almost the whole family is sick at once....at least you can just get it over with.  The thing is, in sick days or healthy days, I could not love them more.  These days I am thankful for amoxicillin, but more than that I am thankful for my family. We get through it together.  Hoping for healthy days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment