Friday, March 23, 2012

Nashville

My sister, Kara, just turned the big 3-0.  A couple of months ago she asked me if Troy and I would like to take a weekend trip with her and her husband, Dustin, to Nashville to celebrate her birthday.  I knew as soon as she mentioned it that I wanted to go.  I have often heard that Nashville is a really nice place to visit.  And a weekend away with my husband to be with Kara and Dustin sounded wonderful.  We are blessed with parents who are always willing to come to stay with our girls, so thanks to the kindness of my wonderful in-laws coming to stay with Kyla and Ashlyn, we were able to go and we had a great time!  The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious, the city was fun and the company was the best.  Kara and I have always dreamed of taking trips together with our husbands one day......our first one got us off to a really good start.  Here is how our weekend in Nashville went down....

We were told that breakfast at the Pancake Pantry was a must.  We were also told the line is usually out the door.  They were right....here we are waiting in line.

Hungry men ready for pancakes

 The wait was so worth it!  The best pancakes I have ever had.  I don't know what it was, but there was something in either the pancakes or the syrup that was just so good.

 We visited the Opryland Hotel.  It is so beautiful.

And even though the hotel is beautiful, when March Madness is in full swing, you gotta to check the scores.  

Kara and I outside of Monell's restaurant

With my love

Happy to be with my sister

This place was so cute....they had swings in an outdoor area and the night was gorgeous

Kara and Dustin

The food!  It is family style and you sit at big tables with a bunch of people and they just keep bringing out down home food and you pass it around and take what you want.  And the sweet tea that went with it was amazing.

The cuteness of Franklin, TN can't be described.  I fell in love.  A quaint city with such a cute downtown area full of shops that look like this.

And kids outside singing with guitars

My favorite store was Philanthropy.  Such cute clothes.  The coolest part is they give 10% of what they make away to needs around the world.  This is Mary, one of the sweet girls who works there.  You could sense her love for God while you talked to her.  

Kara and I made some purchases

Lunch at Baja Burrito....soooo good.  Can you tell we like to eat?  And that this was on St. Patrick's Day?

Went to the Bluebird Cafe....a legendary place where Nashville songwriters play their music.  The cool thing is that it is a very small space so you are right by the singers.  Really fun.


I loved everything about Nashville and would go back anytime. My kind of place.  The best part of the weekend was having time away with my sweet husband


and getting to have our first trip with Kara and Dustin


So thankful for our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment