Thursday, August 25, 2011

I love my job

One of the greatest joys of my life is being a stay at home mom.  This has always been my dream job.  There are moments when I have to pinch myself that it is really happening.  It isn't always all fun all of the time.  There are those moments where I feel like if we are stuck in the house any longer or I hear much more whining I might lose it.  And there are some sacrifices that come with it.....we drive old cars, don't eat out a lot and have to watch how much money we spend.  It is all worth it because from morning to night I am with two little girls that I adore and I don't have to miss any of the priceless moments that will never come again.  The little things that as they are happening I am thinking how thankful I am that I am not missing them.

Ashlyn saying good morning to one of the many babies who lives at our house
 


Ash is taking a little more interest in coloring.....like she will hold a crayon for longer than 3 seconds and makes scribbles

Two artists at work

Checking to see how the banana bread is doing

Two girls and two recorders = beautiful music



Girly girls with their purses.  Usually at some point in each day Kyla grabs her purse and tells us she is going to the store or to visit the princesses or take her baby to the doctor or to a birthday party....the list could go on and on.  Well, now Ashlyn grabs her purse and follows Kyla around.  Wherever Kyla is going, Ashlyn is up for it as long as she can bring her purse.

Time for a break to watch the rain coming down

Afternoon tea party with Snow White.  That day we had raspberry tea served with carrot soup and chocolate cake.  She throws a good tea party.

I realize what a blessing it is to be at home.  I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment