Friday, June 17, 2011

Going to the chapel......

We are about to head to the chapel and my sister, Kara, is the one getting married!!  We are so excited!  These are the times when it is the hardest to live far away from the ones you love the most.  I wish I could go with Kara to every bridal planning appointment she goes to, but I can't.  We get through it by talking on the phone everyday and last weekend my mom and I went to Kansas City to spend the whole weekend with Kara to do wedding planning.  It is has been ten years since I was in wedding planning world and it was so fun to take a trip back to it.

My beautiful bride to be sister showing off her beautiful engagement ring

 With her soon to be husband, Dustin

The very top priority for our wedding weekend was picking Kara's dress.  She had already tried some on and had it narrowed down before we got there. We spent nearly every waking second last Friday in bridal stores, which is really fun if you ask me!  Especially when they are as beautiful, girly and bridal as this one....



Emily Hart Bridal in Leawood, Kansas is the most gorgeous bridal store I have ever been in.  The second you walk in your eyes see this......


.......rows of white dresses hanging and waiting to be looked at and touched.  And all of the other sparkly things that go with wedding dresses....


We had the best time. I was so happy that my mom, sister and I were able to have this really special weekend together because sisters, moms and weddings is a really great combination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment