Monday, June 27, 2011

Backyard Camping

Awhile back Kyla started telling us she wanted to go camping.  My response was, "Sounds great....I bet daddy will take you camping!"  Troy is the camping person in this family.....I will take a hotel over sleeping on the ground any day and I didn't think our family was at the point quite yet to all go for real camping together.  She kept talking about it and we kept telling her that when the weather got warmer that her and daddy could camp out in the backyard.  This past Friday night we decided it was the perfect time.  The weather was perfect, even a little bit cool that night and we had all the gear ready to go.  I could tell Kyla was really excited for this time with her daddy.

Helping daddy get the tent ready

Pure excitement!  She was so excited to see what the inside was like

Ashlyn thought it was really fun too

Flashlight, check.  Lantern, check.  Binoculars, check.  Ready to go.

The campers

Checking out what she can see with her binoculars

The wonderful (and gorgeous) man in our lives who is the kind of dad who loves to spend time with his girls

Look at the stick I found

Got the campfire going....time to roast marshmallows 

Yum!

Once it got dark, the three of us (Ashlyn was already in bed) caught lightning bugs for a long time.  Kyla loved it and made this jar their home.

Time for the campers to go to bed

I really wasn't sure how the night would go.  I didn't know how much Kyla would like it or if she would really sleep in the tent the whole night.  She absolutely loved every second of it....we all did.  It was great to be together and I saw how much Kyla loved having special attention.  And she did sleep in the tent the whole night.  I told Troy that someday when he is walking her down the aisle this will be one of the memories he is thinking of......spending the night with his four year old girl in a tent in the backyard.  I love the memories we are making.  And, who knows, the night was so fun, maybe you will find me in a tent someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment