Friday, February 25, 2011

A little Louisville

We have been a busy little family lately.  Part of our busyness included a quick trip down to Louisville, KY this past week.  Troy had a conference to attend there and since it is only 2 1/2 hours away, we decided to all make the trip together.  The conference was for pastors and was put on by the Church of the Nazarene, which is the denomination we serve in.  One of my favorite parts of being in the Church of the Nazarene is all of the connections that are made over the years.  I grew up in the Nazarene church and can remember as a kid and teenager if we were ever at a denominational event, my parents would run into lots of people they knew.  They would tell my sister and I all about so and so who they knew from college or from a certain church they attended at one point it time.  Well, our daughters are going to experience that for years to come. Troy and I had the best time catching up with many old friends from over the years and from across the country.....friends from college days, seminary days, Indianapolis days and today....all who are serving in the Church of the Nazarene.

Right before we left for Louisville, I started to have second thoughts.  I was having some serious worries on how I was going to entertain two little girls while Daddy was in meetings most of the time.  Well, we did it and had a ton of fun. We passed our time by.....

Getting in the stroller and exploring the hotel to see what we could find

Hanging out in the third floor cafe where we ate yummy chocolate chip cookies and had lots of fun crawling and running around



Catching up with friends.  Here I am with my sweet friend from college and fellow pastor's wife, Ashley.  Thanks to Ashley, her kids and her mom, Denise ("Bimba") our days were made very fun!

Kyla made some new friends.....here she is hanging out in the hallway with Anna and Grey.  It was the perfect place for them to run and laugh.

Kyla and Anna worshiping God through a little dancing during the worship segment of one of the services

We walked through an exhibit area where books and other pastor type stuff was being sold and found a booth set up by Nazarene Theological Seminary and found this sweet little picture from the year Daddy graduated.....see if you can find my handsome man  (hint: second row all the way to the right).

We got cozy on our big hotel beds

And when it was all done, we were really tired!

I am really glad I got over my last minute worries and decided to go.  I am thankful for time away together for our family.  Thankful for really rich friendships, relationships and mentors that God has blessed us with over the years.  Thankful that we got to see some of those people, hug them and catch up.  Thankful that we get to serve in this denomination with some really great people.  And, thankful for memories made in a quick two day trip down to Kentucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment