Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy snow days

What do you do when the temperatures are dropping, all you hear is ice hitting your windows and the city is starting to shut down?  Well, if you are me you get really happy and.....

bake some valentine cookies



 I love it when it is cold and snowy outside and inside the kitchen looks like this....nice and warm and smelling like cookies

 the results.....



 we cuddle up to stay warm

 and to read books

 we hear the wind howling outside and get ready in case the power goes out

 and when it does we light candles, crank up the gas fireplace and cuddle up (the flash makes it look like there were lights on....nope, all dark)


 we put on our cutest snowman apparel

 read books with big sister

 practice our standing

 make a few phone calls

 warm up in a bath.....and giggle





I love snow days......as excited as I got years ago when I found out school was canceled, I get that excited  today.  Everything slows down for a little bit and there are no other choices but to stay inside with the people you love (except for my sweet Troy who did have to leave our warm house for periods of time to shovel snow and go into work, but had a warm house waiting for him).  I figure if you live in the midwest you know it is going to snow in the winter.....might as well embrace it.  So, cuddle up, make some hot chocolate and have some happy snow days.

No comments:

Post a Comment