Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Beautiful Easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend.....full of time as a family, worshiping our risen Jesus, traditions, friends and beautiful weather.  One tradition we do every year is dying eggs.....














And during Easter weekend, this darling thing turned 9 months old.






Another tradition I love to do with the girls is make Resurrection Rolls the night before Easter to eat on Sunday morning when we wake up.  They are very easy and are a great way to visually demonstrate and talk about Jesus dying and being raised to life.  It is as simple as a crescent roll (the tomb) with a marshmallow that has been dipped in butter and cinnamon/sugar (Jesus' body) being wrapped inside the crescent roll.  While they are baking the marshmallow disappears and you are left with an empty tomb.  And they taste good! The girls had a lot of fun with this one.












And on Easter Sunday morning, the tomb is empty!






 And, of course, before leaving for church trying to get some pictures of everyone in their Easter best.  It is definitely a challenge with two children and a baby and trying to get everyone to look at the same time. We did notice as soon as we walked outside what a beautiful day it was going to be.








 We had a wonderful Easter service with our church family and as I was sitting next to my sweet pastor/husband I could tell he couldn't wait to get out of his seat and preach.  I love that about him.  After church we went to the home of our dear friends and partners in ministry, Matt and Nicole.  Many of our friends and their kids were there and we enjoyed a delicious meal together and an egg hunt for the kids.












Tessa slept through the whole egg hunt.....she was nice and comfortable in this play set swing.


What Easter means to us makes it such a beautiful time.  And because of what Christ did for us on the cross, we get to live in the beauty of Easter everyday.  How we love you, Jesus.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Shari! My name is Robin and I found your blog somehow last year, I can't remember how, probably some search on google. I bookmarked it though because I love the pictures of your girls, your writing and your faith. I just had a daughter, Maria, she is 5 months old. I have a baking blog, but I can't wait to put more pictures of my girl also on it. Take Care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete