Friday, January 10, 2014

Kyla Turns 7

Is it really seven years ago that this happened.........




Seven years ago today Kyla was handed into my arms and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't remember the love of those first moments.  My firstborn.  My first baby.  This beautiful baby.




















And that beautiful baby, our firstborn, is turning into this beautiful girl......


It is happening right before our eyes.  Many things have changed between then and now.  I look back and those days of her as a baby are so precious because it was just us.  Even now when I look back at that time I see our first house and I remember bringing her home and the joy of it all.  It was a lot of firsts and we experienced them together.  She is so special to me in that way.  She helped us start our family.

As it is with anything, at that time, we couldn't see down the road.  Couldn't see the moves that would take place or the children to come.  But, God sees it all.  I already see some of the specific ways in which He created her and how they are perfect for the family God has given us.  Kyla is so patient and loving.  She truly loves and cares for her sisters.  She desires to help them.  She has always been that way.  From the moment Ashlyn was born, it was the love I saw Kyla give to her that led the way for me.  Kyla's heart is pure.

Kyla is a girl's girl.  She loves dolls, dressing up, princesses and Barbie.  She is excited to pick out her clothes for each day at school.  She likes jewelry and hair bows.  She likes things to be neat and organized. She loves school and all that comes with it.....the learning, the daily schedule, the teachers and students. She loves reading and has so much fun in gymnastics.  Kyla has the sweetest giggle and is happy when others are happy.  It bothers her if she knows someone is hurting. She is old enough now that we can talk to her about some things and when she finds out someone is in the hospital or having a hard time, she asks many questions about it.  Kyla is growing in her love for Jesus and as her parents that is our greatest joy and responsibility.   What God has ahead for her I can only dream.

Happy 7th Birthday to Kyla Elise, my firstborn.  A huge piece of my heart belongs to you and it is one of the greatest joys of my life being your mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment