Monday, April 15, 2013

Joy in the Rain

Last week during a phone conversation with my mom, I mentioned to her that I am learning that no matter how many great things are going on at one time in your life, there are always challenges.  Good with the bad.  Things that make you question or wonder.  Basically, not all things can be all rosy all the time.  Such is life......battles are part of it. 

Last week we were right in the middle of lots of conversations and meetings about Ashlyn's upcoming IEP and the best placement for her for her second year of preschool. It was so heavy on my heart.  Along with that were challenges that had my husband and I seeking God for direction.  There are just days where things can feel heavy.  Which is why, last week on a rainy day, feeling heaviness in my heart, I asked Kyla and Ashlyn if they wanted to take a walk in the rain.  Kyla had just gotten home from school and it was just a little drizzly outside.  I knew my mind could use a change of scenery and fresh air.  The girls were so excited and Kyla couldn't wait to wear her new rain boots and rain coat.  Rain gear on and out we went. 


Ashlyn curious how that umbrella works

The giggles begin. My girls leading me to joy.

 Decided she would like an umbrella of her own to hold

The laughing continues.....so good for the heart



 Sister secrets under the umbrella

Testing out a puddle

 Getting ready to jump

Two little ducklings walking down the street

That rainy day walk was just what I needed.  I needed to go outside and watch two little girls light up at the simpleness of a walk in the rain......all the joys that are hidden there.  Pure joy.  With every step, every giggle, every jump in a puddle my heart became lighter and I was once again reminded that there is always joy in the rain.


2 comments:

  1. Those two girls are soooo cute. Sweet pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart just smiles when I read your posts & see the love between those two sweet girls. I started following your blog soon after my sweet daughter with Ds was born....I vividly remember crying while reading your blog and holding her in the NICU! We are about a year and a half behind you. I very much appreciate your honesty!! Tricia - Indy

    ReplyDelete