Monday, July 2, 2012

Joy of family

We had a great weekend over in Illinois at my mom and dad's house celebrating my mom's 60th birthday.  It is hard to live away from our families and so we are always so glad to be together. 

Kyla and Grandma

This trip was very special because my sister and brother in law were also there and my Grandpa Thurman, who lives in Ohio, was there for the celebration.  It was so great for us all to be together and very special for the girls to get to be with their Great Grandpa.  I have such wonderful memories from my childhood of times with my Grandma and Grandpa Thurman and I am so glad our girls were able to experience some of that this weekend.

Kyla and Ashlyn listening to Great Grandpa tell them a story.  I remember this well....he would always tell my sister and I stories that he made up as he went along, with lots of animation along the way.  We loved it and so did these two girls.

Kyla and Great Grandpa playing together

And laughing....

The girls also loved being with their Aunt Kara....


And Uncle Dustin.....


Cuddling with Aunt Kara while watching a video

Love being with my sister.  Usually when we are together, some of our time is spent day dreaming about what it would be like to live by each other.

We had some fun outings during our time together......

Kyla loves this fountain in Edwardsville, IL

Mom and I with Grandpa

Kyla and Grandma at the fountain (Ashlyn was taking a nap at this time)

Kyla and Grandpa

Troy and my Dad before heading to a Cardinals game

The girls loved going to a splash park by Grandma and Grandpa's house





Happy girls at Grandma and Grandpa's

Happy Ashlyn and Mommy

A special weekend celebrating my mom's precious life, the fun of grand kids being at grandma and grandpa's house, sisters and brother in laws laughing and the priceless gift of two little girls being with their Great Grandpa.


Thankful for the rich blessing of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment