Saturday, May 26, 2012

Preschool Graduate

As I am raising our girls and as they are getting older, I understand more and more why my parents would stand in the driveway with tears in their eyes as I backed out in my car to drive back to college.  I get it now.  The love is so big it hurts.  Seeing the growth and change and all that comes along with it is so exciting in some ways, but so emotional in others.  That is why last week as I was getting Kyla ready for her last morning of preschool, I could feel the emotions coming.  A chapter was closing and things are going to change.  And I see the growth happening right before my eyes.......

Two years ago....Kyla's first day of preschool (3 years old)

Last week.....Kyla's last day of preschool (5 years old)

She looks so much more like a girl and less like a toddler.  She is acting older, reacting older, thinking older.  And so that morning as I dropped Kyla off at preschool one last time, the tears started to come.  Luckily, she didn't see me and I could make it to the car to get the rest of my tears out.

Kyla on her last day with her sweet teacher (and our friend), Mrs. Garcia

Not only was there a last day, but there was a preschool graduation.  Such a sweet and special ceremony, which included caps and gowns and each child walking down the aisle to the graduation song.

My sweet girl, taking her walk

Standing tall and proud

I am sure I will have this picture up one day at her high school graduation party

With our growing girl, all graduated from preschool

We have big changes coming.....kindergarten. I am so excited for her in so many ways, but scared in my own ways, too.  The other day I was talking to Kyla about how the Bible tells us that God has good and perfect plans for her life.  I need the reminder of that promise too.....God is in control of this precious life that He has entrusted to us.  The future is a good place, because that is where God is.  Which means, God is already waiting for her at kindergarten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment